Foundation Repair & Foundation Piering in Warren County, MO
Foundations can begin to settle for many reasons. Often it is the shrinkage of clay soils during periods of drought that leads to foundation settlement, but soil erosion and improper drainage can also play their part. At Stratum Structural Systems, we’ve seen it all. Our team can fix your settling foundation, address any resulting issues and prevent it from happening again.
Signs of Foundation Settlement
Not sure if you need foundation repair? Here are the common signs of a settling foundation:
- Foundation cracks
- Brick & mortar cracks
- Drywall & plaster damage
- Sticking or cracking window and doors
How Foundation Piering Can Help
Foundation piering — also known as underpinning — is a process in which steel piers are installed through the shifting soil and into an area of load bearing-stratum (a layer of rock or suitable bearing soils). In other words, piering means driving steel piles underneath the foundation to act as additional supports.
As a leading provider of foundation piering in Warren County, MO, we at Stratum Structural Systems know there is a lot of confusion and hesitation around this service. These are the steps of foundation piering:
- Dig external holes or remove a section of the basement slab to expose footing.
- Notch section of footing and prep underside to allow proper access for support bracket.
- Hydraulically install steel piers to refusal or a load bearing stratum.
- Install support bracket and transfer weight of structure to pier.
- Backfill and compact excavated areas.
We Want to Be Your Foundation Repair Specialist
Stratum Structural Systems provides affordable, dependable foundation repair to homeowners in Warren County, MO. If you’re seeing signs of foundation settlement, call us today at (314) 620-8153 or contact us online to schedule a home inspection and free quote.