It’s no secret that a home can easily be flooded especially during storms. Unfortunately for many homeowners, this can cause a whole host of issues for them. After all, your furniture could be damaged, plus mold and mildew can easily develop in your home. Thankfully, there is an easy way to prevent your home from being affected by water: waterproofing.
Here, basement waterproofing experts Stratum Structural Systems list the five reasons you need to waterproof your home, beginning with:
- Prevent Costly Damage – By waterproofing your home, you can easily prevent the costly damage that flooding can cause. This is especially needed for basements, which are more prone to flooding than any other part of your home.
- Lower Your Heating and Cooling Costs – Surprisingly enough, waterproofing a few parts of your home can easily lower your overall heating and cooling costs. This is because basement leaks can add humid indoor air, which can put a strain on your air conditioner use and increase your energy bills by 10% to 15%.
- Avoid Structural Damage – Basement flooding can cause water to seep through your home’s foundation and cause significant cracks that can compromise your home’s structural integrity. By waterproofing your basement, you can easily prevent structural damage to your home as they add another layer of protection. To waterproof your home, simply turn to the waterproofing and brick foundation repair pros of Stratum Structural Systems.
- Create a Healthier Home Environment – Waterproofing the key parts of your home can help you create a healthier environment for your home, allowing you to safeguard your family’s health. This is because it prevents water from staying long enough to encourage mold from growing around your home, which in turn allows you to avoid the respiratory issues that they can cause.
- Increase Your Home’s Value – Waterproofing the vulnerable parts of your home can increase your property values and help you sell your home faster than expected. This is because aspiring homeowners are willing to pay a premium for a home that can reduce the risk of mold and water damage in the first place.
Need an expert to help you reinforce your home’s structure? Don’t hesitate to turn to Stratum Structural Systems. When it comes to foundation piering and foundation repair services, we are the number one experts to approach and we won’t let you down! Give us a call at (314) 620-8153 or fill out our contact form to schedule a home inspection.