Stratum Structural Systems is St. Louis’ premier installer for egress windows. Egress windows are designed to provide occupants a safe place to exit during a time of emergency and are required to be installed in all basement bedrooms. We help homeowners who are in want or need to install an Egress window when finishing a basement.
We have access to a vast network of manufacturers and suppliers of Egress window products that allows us to help design the right window for the customer’s desired space.
Our daily commitment to excellence, professionalism, and honesty have set us apart in the industry. All estimators are experienced in Egress window installation and have personally performed the work that might be recommended. Additionally, they receive ongoing, continuing education and are very knowledgeable in IRC codes and municipal requirements.
Egress windows are also a great way to add natural light to a typically dark basement.
Types of windows
- Slider - Window which the operating section slides horizontally, opening halfway to allow for egress access.
- Inswing - Window which is hinged to one side and entire operating section opens to allow for egress access.
- Vertical - More traditional window that the operating section lifts vertically to allow for egress access.
- Metal Safety Grates
- Plastic Covers
- Well Drains and Sump Pumps
Requirements for egress:
- Minimum width of opening: 20 in.
- Minimum height of opening: 24 in.
- Minimum net clear opening: 5.7 sq. ft.
- Maximum sill height above floor: 44 in.