Your St Louis Egress Window Installation Experts
Egress Window Installation & Repair for St. Louis Homeowners
Stratum Structural Systems is the premier egress window specialist in St. Louis. Egress windows are designed to provide home occupants a safe place to exit during a time of emergency, and are required to be installed in all basement bedrooms. Egress windows are also a great way to add natural light to an otherwise dark basement and can raise the value of homes. The process that Stratum goes through with egress window installation is unique and superior compared to most competitors, yet very reasonably priced at the same time.
We have access to a vast network of manufacturers, suppliers and fabricators of egress window products, which allows us to help design the right window for each customer’s desired space. Stratum regularly installs Rockwell and Marshall egress wells.
Our daily commitment to excellence, professionalism and honesty has set us apart in the industry. All Stratum estimators are experienced in egress window installation and have personally performed the work that they recommend. Additionally, they receive ongoing, continuing education and are educated in IRC codes and municipal requirements.
Types of Egress Windows
- Slider – Window in which the operating section slides horizontally, opening halfway to allow for egress access.
- Inswing – Window that is hinged to one side and entire operating section opens to allow for egress access.
- Vertical – More traditional window in which the operating section lifts vertically to allow for egress access.
Requirements for Egress Windows
- Minimum width of opening: 20 in.
- Minimum height of opening: 24 in.
- Minimum net clear opening: 5.7 sq. ft.
- Maximum sill height above floor: 44 in.
Whether you need new egress windows installed or egress window repair, Stratum Structural Systems can provide the modern and appealing window accessories, such as:
- Metal Safety Grates
- Plastic Covers
- Well Drains & Sump Pumps